Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

98 SOHC, Which oil.... noise..ticking

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by thechemist, October 2, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. thechemist

thechemist New Member

My explorer has been running get, bought it with 1000 miles, now was 48k without a problem.

All recals have been done. I used to pay to have the oil changed, but resently started using castro 10-30, with a motorcraft filter... is this fine? it waste no oil.... but the engine has always seem to make noise. It basicly sounds like a ticking noise, almost like the engine needed oil.

thanks in advance

VIctor

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Majisto

Majisto Active Member

City, State:
      Austin, Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLT
      Ticking can be from dirty fuel injectors. My SOHC makes a slight ticking sound, but it's not really noticeable. I think it's normal for these engines to tick slightly.