Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

98 XLT 2WD Help!?

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by cjr323, August 2, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. cjr323

cjr323 New Member

City, State:
      Fayetteville, NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 XLT
      Hey everyone,
      New to the community and I have found a lot of info on here that was very helpful. I have never lifted a vehicle before so I want to make sure I am gathering all the right info. I am looking to get about 5" lift and fit 33"-35" tires. I am not sure what size will look the best with that lift but i am leaning towards 33''. As for the lift i am looking to go cheap and do the TT/Shackles route with 1998-2000 Ford Ranger 2wd & 4x4 - 3" Body Lift Kit. this seems to be a popular method on here. I just want to know what you guys think before i start buying the stuff. I just had my wife pick up the truck because i am deployed so i am looking to buy everything so when i come home i can start with the fun immediately. thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.