Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

99 5.0 Intake Vacuum Diagram

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Jameson1881, December 15, 2017.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. Jameson1881

Jameson1881 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Columbus, OH
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 Explorer XLT
    I just finished digging down to put in new intake manifold gasket and replace some cracked vacuum hoses. Fire it up and will not run. I found that I have left a vacuum line open but have no clue what goes to it. Really don't want to yank this intake again! Does anybody have a good picture/diagram of the vacuum lines?

The one I missed is on the back of the upper intake between the intake and the firewall. It's just below the top and points straight toward the firewall. I have the tree attached below. Thanks in advance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
  3. Turdle

Turdle Freelance Stuntman Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Humboldt, KS
    2000 Mounty
    Pointing straight back would be pcv vacuum, joined with another using the f shaped fitting and u shaped hose;

[​IMG]

4. Jameson1881

City, State:
    Columbus, OH
    99 Explorer XLT
    Thanks for the pic. It's the one on the right hand side of your picture that has nothing attached to it. My F fitting seems to be just a T but still goes to PCV.

5. Turdle

Turdle Freelance Stuntman Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Humboldt, KS
    2000 Mounty
    I'm not 100% on this but I believe it is the vacuum feed for the fuel pressure regulator and egr solenoid. Might be a white-red and green vacuum bundle.

6. Jameson1881

City, State:
    Columbus, OH
    99 Explorer XLT
    All those lines were shot on mine so I had to make up new lines. Very well could be I just forgot to add that into the FPR bundle. Thanks I'll see if I can find that diagram.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

We Support Our Troops!