99 eddie bauer mach stereo problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 eddie bauer mach stereo problem

cg82

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie Bauer
It seems I'm having the same problem as others out there with my (MACH system in a 99 EB) stereo overheating and as a result the display cuts-out but the sound keeps working. I'm considering replacing the head unit completely but would like to know what parts/harneses and how much time and money is required so that the factory subwoofer and steering wheel controls still work. Please let me know your thoughts/experiences

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it really depends on how good ur skills r n how fancy u wana go....do a search tho because theres a modual thing u have to get if u want to use the stearing wheel controls on an aftermarket radio

Go to the Audio and Navigation section of the forum. There is a ton of information available on this subject. Short answer: it's very easy to go aftermarket head unit and retain steering wheel controls and factory subwoofer. Mine is that way.

Fixing the factory head unit display is also easy and reliable (at about $100).

Yeah I've found some links to some fix options that I think I might try myself first. Basically I was just wondering if there was a way to maintain the system's funtionality without buying a new amp and doing an amp bypass. What head unit and harness options did you go with Crobraguy, I hav been looking at Eclips and Pioneer.

Thanks

Back