• Register Today It's free!

99 eddie bauer sits low in back

Andymann

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer V6
hey. i have a 99 v6 eddie bauer x. it has about 86000 miles on it, and everything is original (drive train, frame, etc etc) and it sits low in the back. is there anything i can do to return it to the stock riding height? its maybe sunk down an inch or two.. is this a common problem? my brother has a 00 eddie bauer x with only 60000 on it, and it does not sit this low. i have a reciever on the back, and rarely tow with it. any and all help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very very very very common problem. You can add extended shackles, or add-a-leafs, or replace the springs.

Shackles are the cheapest option. Anywhere from $25(autozone) to $75 for warrior 153. search war153 and you will find where to get them and how to put them on.

hm so will replacing the springs return the rear of the truck to the stock ride height?

i think that shackles with mess with the way the truck rides, i want to basically return it to the stock ride height and ride style.. any suggestions?

I just put on the shackle lift kit from autozone yesterday as a matter of fact. The back was 1 1/2" lower then the front. Worked great, now the back is about 1/2" higher then the front, and the kit only cost $17.99. Of course now I can see the lift kit, and it was bright silver, so I painted it all black so it wouldn't stand out.

Back