99 explorer fog lights mod!

Aux819

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Limite
Hello,
Its a 99 explorer limited with a 5.0.... So I recently purchased after market fog light housing. There very similar to one of the jw speaker fog lights. There led. But I read that it's easier to remove the bumper to get the old housing out??? Do I need to do that and I also read that there are 4 nuts to remove the bumper what happens after you remove them?? Does it just slide off. And when you put it back on is it easy to get back on? Does it line up good?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with the bumper but the last time I was under our 99 Sport it did look like there are only 2 bolts on either side that hold it on.

Ok thank you I think the bumper is different on the limited than the sport that might be why? I'm not sure though

four nuts, i cant remember if they are 18 or 21mm. also unplug your wiring for your fog lights (if you have them, its under the rad support) then the bumper slides off. do what you have to do, then slide the bumper back on put bolts back in. you might have to take the plastic part off thats under your rad to get at the 2 inside bolts.

Ok thank you very much that's very helpful!

Back