99 Explorer Mach Radio diagram

erosiak

Reaction score
City, State
Cupertino, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
Greetings All...

I am trying to find a wiring diagram that identifies the steering wheel radio control wire color codes. I am installing an after market Jensen DVD, GPS, Bluetooth, etc., in my wife’s 99 Eddie Bauer.

The Jensen has steering wheel control wires, so I should be able to retain the factory steering wheel volume controls but I need to identify the factory wires so I can interface the new and the old.

Any ideas where to look or if anyone has one I’d sure appreciate any info you have.

Thanks in advance to all......... Ed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Audio Control

According to my 2000 wiring diagrams the connection to the sliding contact for the audio control switch is the light blue/red stripe wire. Each switch (VOL_DN, VOL_UP, MEM, BAND) results in a different resistance (voltage) to the radio input. I would be surprised if the Jenson has the same interface.

Great source for wiring diagrams:
Auto - Online Repair Info
http://search.ebscohost.com/
Login ID: rrcc
Login PW: rebsco
Select: Auto Repair Reference Center
Fill in: Find Your Vehicle
Follow prompts down to Wiring Diagrams.

Good luck.

Mach Radio Wiring Diagram

Thanks for the web site suggestion. I did manage to get the Mach radio wiring diagram. Although it isn't clear on the steering wheel radio control wiring, it can provide a good idea of which wires supply that input to the radio system.

There are typically three radio steering wheel control wires (+, -, and ground) required for steering wheel radio control. Many of the newer touch screen double din radios have steering wheel software built in which allows you to set each function (+, - volume etc based upon the sensing the voltage) and save it. I was able to retain it in my 07 Camry when I installed an aftermarket touch screen with all the bells and whistles (GPS, Bluetooth, etc.

The Jensen VX6020 I installed in my wife's 99 Eddie Bauer works really well and looks good too. She now has GPS, Bluetooth hands free calling, music streaming, radio iPod control etc. The Jenson really uses the amp in the car and the audio sounds great (maybe a little too much base for us but we can adjust that).

Great forum Thanks.................... ed

I just wanted to correct myself after finally reviewing the 99 Explorer MACH radio wiring diagram. There is only one wire, #14 light blue/red on the 20 pin connector, associated with steering wheel radio control.

2000StreetRod is correct. It won't work with this wiring set-up.

Unfortunately, without the normal three wires associated with SWC I can't use the Jensen VX6020 SWC software to configure it.

It's not worth the cost ($60) of the aftermarket SWC module to me, so we will live without SWC. Still.... having a modern radio in the car is awesome.....

Back