99 Explorer Sport Automatic to Manual | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 Explorer Sport Automatic to Manual

Jason Staggs

Reaction score
City, State
Waynesboro TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Callsign
Corndog
Howdy folks I was wondering what transmission I could get to do the swap and what cuts or parts of my interior I would need to remove any links are appreciated to other threads or anything my only peve is that I don't want a 5 speed I need a 6 speed sorry I just prefer 6 speeds thanks again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A manual 6 speed? Nope.your options are m5od if you have the ohv v6, or m5od-hd if you have the sohc v6. Yeah, they're both 5 speeds.
Why do you need a 6 speed?

A manual 6 speed? Nope.your options are m5od if you have the ohv v6, or m5od-hd if you have the sohc v6. Yeah, they're both 5 speeds.
Why do you need a 6 speed?

I have the Sohc so I'll be getting the m5od-hd looks like

And I wanted a 6 because I saw one forum about a guy swapped his tranny for a 6 speed from mustang and it had a 6th gear of I think .64 so it would be a great OD and give a pretty sweet boost to mpg

What engine comes in front of that trans in the mustang? Because if you swap the engine too, you could have that trans you want. ;)

What engine comes in front of that trans in the mustang? Because if you swap the engine too, you could have that trans you want. ;)
I'd rather keep my engine because I just dropped 1500 on a new engine cause mine exploded and I couldn't get a different one around here

Back