Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

99 Foglight Help

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by rokke17, September 23, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. rokke17

rokke17 Active Member

City, State:
      Minn/Mich
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 XLT 4 Door 4X4
      Allright I have seen a plethora of threads on 96 to 98 explorers and getting their foglights to work.
      I have a 99 4 dr XLT and the foglights work with my parking lights and the low beams

Does anyone know how to make them work with the high beams also?? It would really make it nice for my night driving

Thanks alot
      Chris

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
      '95 XLT
      Ok... first read this thread, and read over taxxman2k's instructions.....

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31137&highlight=fog

Now go read this thread, and go down to where DVS1 has posted... he has a '98 and said he did the same thing to his truck. Now I can't guarentee that your truck will have the same color wiring, but it's a '98 vs. a '99, so check and see what you've got. In that first thread, taxxman2k says that his fogs stay on with the high beams... so take a look at your wiring and see what you've got and go from there....

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=447942#post447942

Hope this helps....

4. rydinhigh

rydinhigh Guest

dude the easiest thing for you to do would be to find your fog light relay. splice a wire into that and splice the other side into your power wire for the high beams.

5. xlt-sport

xlt-sport Active Member

City, State:
      Hurricane, WV
      '02 xlt 4x4
      rokke17

i can't tell you exactly how to do this,but if you wire them up COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT, they will come on whenever you push the button.

my mechanic wired mine that way on my '00, it was nice.

it's not a big pain to just push the button when you want them.

peter

6. 99Mounty

99Mounty Active Member

City, State:
      Chicago, IL
      99 Mountaineer
      rokke,

i got a '99 too and i've tried almost every method that has been posted on this forum. none work for a '99.

i've been at this for months ... still no luck. let me know when you get it figured out!

thanks.

7. rydinhigh

rydinhigh Guest

well I did acciedentally (sp?) wire my fogs so they were independant , and would only turn on and off with the factory fog light switch. All you have to do is find the fog light wire that goes to the relay and run it to a constant 12v power source. hope this helps.