99 sport runs like garbage | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 sport runs like garbage

check your gas cap if it leaks it will show too much air in evap circuit
roscoe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt its gas cap.......
He has a canister vent circuit malfunction code, not a too much air code.

A too much air code would tell you the canister vent is doing its job, working. In his case I am guessing he has a dead short in the sensor/wiring.
Rusty area + canister vent been mounted up there since 1998 = Circuit malfunction lol

OHV had 3ea 02 sensors, never 4?
I don't think unless it was a late 99-2000 thing, 2000 last year of OHV 4.0
R.I.P.

i have a 2001 sport and it had a miss i couldnt fix and it ended up being a valve in the head, miss on # 2 cylinder was code. replace the head, fixed problem, the sohc motors get carboned up bad if not driven hard a few times a yr.

i have a 2001 sport and it had a miss i couldnt fix and it ended up being a valve in the head, miss on # 2 cylinder was code. replace the head, fixed problem, the sohc motors get carboned up bad if not driven hard a few times a yr.
Mine is an OHV motor. It was always started and ran for about 10 mins or so the whole duration of it sitting. It just started acting up when it got really cold up here in lake so I’m thinking it’s either a vacuum issue or it very well could be the intake gaskets. It isles erratically but if you rev it up or floor it while driving it seems to run fine. It’s missing under a load and at idle but wide open throttle it seems to run just fine. I’ll figure it out eventually

Mine is an OHV motor. It was always started and ran for about 10 mins or so the whole duration of it sitting. It just started acting up when it got really cold up here in Pa so I’m thinking it’s either a vacuum issue or it very well could be the intake gaskets. It idles erratically but if you rev it up or floor it while driving it seems to run fine. It’s missing under a load and at idle but wide open throttle it seems to run just fine. I’ll figure it out eventually

Back