Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

99 V8 XLT Explorer Opinions

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by deathsquadd, December 28, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. deathsquadd

deathsquadd New Member

City, State:
    San Diego, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '92 Explorer Sport
    What are your opinions about a 99 V8 XLT? How many miles is too many for $2700?

Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Explorer Addict

07 Camry
    Way more variables/info needed than that...

4. turboplz

turboplz New Member

1999 Mercury Mountaineer
    I just picked up a 99 v8 AWD mountaineer with 150k for $1800. Not without it's issues though. Just replaced the timing cover gasket, sway bar end links, need a front driveshaft as it's missing one, 3rd gear hard shift and a bad radio.

The truck is actually in great shape, just neglegance on the previous owner's part mostly. I've put less than $100 into it since I bought it, I figure another $500 for things I want (exhaust) and other odds and in's then she will be tip top.

So with that, if the truck is in great shape with around 150k miles or less, $2700 is a decent price. Though I'd imagine you should be able to easily talk them down to $2500 or lower depending on condition.