• Register Today It's free!

_hit Happens!

Pinshooter13

Reaction score
City, State
Eaton Township, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4X4
Last night, after shopping with my wife, we got into the Ex and started to drive away. She called to my attention that the interior lights were still on. I looked down at the instrument cluster, and sure enough there was the dreaded "Door Ajar" icon just as bright as could be. I checked the drivers door, OK. Checked the passenger door, OK. I even checked the rear passengers door where we put the shopping bags, secure also. I was ready to curse the world for becomming the latest victim of the "Door Ajar light syndrome". Walking around the back of the Ex to get back in I noticed the hatch lid looked odd. It seems that when I was unlocking the doors with the remote, I hit the rear hatch button with my big fat thumb! I secured the hatch, got back in and we were on our way.

My wife looked over about thirty seconds later and said "You gotta' stop reading that forum."

yeah, right.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL, that's a good one:D

LOL i needed a good chuckle and i got it :D

been there done that!!! many times

That's how my sub box went flipping down a fire trail a few years ago.....

Lol....real good one for a laugh.....lol,lol,lol..... :)

Had the same problem. I think that back glass requires to much drop to latch myself.

Back