• Register Today It's free!

A/c blockage

Caleb33

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
So my ac as been blowing a bit weak on all fan settings so I figured the compressor was starting to go and was weak. I took it in to get looked at they and they tested the pressures off of the compressor and it was perfectly normal.

The air that comes out of the vents is very cold it just doesn't blow fast, however you can hear the fans turning which makes me think there is some sort of blockage in the system.

Has anyone else had this problem and is it possible that it could be the little flap that controls where the air gets directed isn't opening correctly?

Edit: 2002 xlt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does it blow at different speeds like it used to? If not could be your blower motor resistor mine went out and all the speeds were WAY slower than before.

I am having the same problem in my 05 EX XLT. The fan sounds like it is working on all different speeds (it gets louder as you go from 1 to 4) but the force of air coming out of the vents frequently stops, no matter what speed the fan is on. I have been searching for answers on this forum for a couple of days now and I'm leaning toward the blower motor resistor as the culprit like tmds3 said. I haven't exactly located it yet but once I do I'll post an update.

Did you try to fix yours yet, caleb33?

That's awesome, congrats on the fix! And thanks for that link. Yes, those are exactly my symptoms so I'll look at the fresh/recirc air door first and determine if that's the problem.

On previous repairs, I have been able to take everything off in that write-up except for the dash itself. Were you able to do that by yourself or did you need 2 people?

Any other words of advice before I try to tackle this?

Back