• Register Today It's free!

A/C charging question.

edman1000

Reaction score
City, State
Eden, Ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
Just picked up a '98 Eddie Bauer 4.0L, neglected to say the least. Fixed the hatch glass, door locks, wheel bearings, brakes....etc. I tried to charge the AC system today, and it took it. The pump was kicking in and out but the air coming out of the vent was hotter than hell! Now since it's got the digital control, I'm thinking there's and actuator stuck or something.

Any ideas or hints where to look? Is there something I can jumper? is it possible for it to be stuck on hot?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh cool, guess I should've looked for the HEat an AC froum first... I will try to jump it when I'm charging it but it seemed to take the whole can no problem. Like I said it was almost like the system setting was stuck on hot. I figured there was some actuator stuck in the ho position. Even when I try to turn just the vent blower on it feels hotter than it should be for pulling in outside air....?

Yes, exactly. Last night when I left work I turned it on and it was cool to start but as the truck heated up it got hotter. So it is defenitley stuck on hot. How do I mess with the blend door?

Back