A/C cold on drivers side & warm on pass. With digital climate control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C cold on drivers side & warm on pass. With digital climate control

05fordexploder

Reaction score
City, State
SC
I just purchased an 06 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the digital dual zone climate control and already having issues. I have searched the forum but just wanted to be sure about the defective part before tearing in or trusting any type of mechanic to do the fix. I do not hear any type of sound inside the dash like a clicking or thud sound indicating that a blend door actuator may be the culprit. I have recharged the system so its full of freon but I still get warm air on the passenger side when the A/C is on. It doesnt happen all the time though. It may be ice cold for a moment then only the passenger side will get warm and stay that way for a minute, then get cold. Very annoying. The thing is that the blend door actuator was already replaced at the Ford dealer by its previous owner a year or so ago. Do you think this is the issue again? I see there is a tutorial on replacing the blend door on a 05-older model (with manual A/C) but was wondering if its exactly the same on the 06+. What other parts may be contributing to this issue because its the digital dual zone control?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sounds like you really need to talk to the Ford dealer(?) that sold you the vehicle and have them look into it since the digital controller can be the problem. There is a way to do diagnostics with the dual climate controller and is posted on here somewhere so you might want to search and see if you can find the post.

Thanks for the reply. I have searched to find the diagnostics mode on a 06+ Explorer with auto climate control. While ignition is on and when pressing the floor and off button then the auto button, the system does not enter into diagnostic mode. Can anyone shed some light on the correct procedure if there is one for forth gen explorers?

Sometimes the air blows cold out the pass vents when the A/C mode is on, sometimes not. And sometimes it will blow cold for awhile then go to hot then back to cold. I hear a creaking or sort of a binding sound inside the dash for a second or two. Almost like a plastic door or what not is scraping against something. I hear it when starting it up too. Figuring the actuator is working, would it be some sort of air handler or the door itself perhaps?

P.s I did not buy the vehicle from a Ford dealer.

Back