Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

a/c hasnt the right power

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by brakecheck, July 14, 2017.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. brakecheck

brakecheck New Member

City, State:
    choctaw, ok
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 explorer 4.0l
    so here is the problem.... both wires are the a/c compressor are ground also at the lo/hi switches. I have checked all fuses and they are good. I have also checked the wot relay. one post is positive while all the others are ground. i have been looking and have torn the wiring harness apart looking for a short to ground and cant find any place where the wires are worn or frayed/melted. i have also looked to see if there is anyplace where wires could have wielded there selves together. I can find any place where that could be. I know there is the right amount of freon in the system. I have captured all the old freon, vacuumed it down and placed the right amount of freon back into the system. i did hot wire the compressor to the battery and it works that way. I have also used my scanner to check for codes and there are none. I have also used the scanner to run tests on the climate module and it passed. the scanner is a snap on 5k what ever it is. I understand it cant do everything that the ford scanner will do. I'm really at a loss here, anyone that can point me in a direction or may know what it causing this to happen I would really like some imput. also when I say ground I do mean negative. also i have used a multi meter and the negative voltage is at 13-13.5v. thanks in advance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.