A/C high side connector leaking.. Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A/C high side connector leaking.. Question

rcfast

Reaction score
City, State
fresno
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Xlt
Alright I have a leak on my brothers 94 explorer and its comming from the high side test port. I know typically the valve has a schrader like a bicycle valve, but when i look down in the valve it justt looks like a black ball and doesn't look replaceable. Also looking at the valve it's not looking like the valve is replacable either and the hole hose going to the compressor has to be replaced. Am I retarded or does the entire hose need to be replaced?

Moving to A/C section

It does not have a schrader valve. Assuming the system is empty, the whole fitting itself can be unscrewed from the hose and replaced. I'm not sure how to describe this exactly, but if you look closely at the fitting, you'll see some flats on it-- use a wrench on the flats and unscrew it from the metal "t-fitting" (for lack of a better word) that is attached to the hose. I was not able to find the fitting at the local Carquest, but I've read about people here buying them at a dealership. I've also seen something similar as part of a retrofit kit at autozone. I didn't bother to follow up with this though-- the guys at carquest felt bad that they didn't have a new fitting, so they gave me a new plastic cap with a rubber seal in it. I put that on tighly about two years ago and haven't had a problem with it since.

Back