Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

A/C Hiss when OFF

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by fredperry, February 10, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. fredperry

fredperry New Member

City, State:
    Cracow / Krakow (Poland)
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Hello Guys,

I have noticed (I did not had same issue with previous Explorer) that when my A/C is set to OFF I can hear hissing sound comming from the A/C panel area, when set to other position it stops to hiss :mad:. I have recorded that, here you can take a look (sorry for the train background):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HrSPJN-45s

it is quite difficult to hear that on the movie but it is quite well audible when sitting in the car.

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. OneLever

OneLever Active Member

97 Mt. 5.0L AWD
    One of the vacuum lines leading to that switch is likely leaking. If you read through this thread you'll will discover how to troubleshoot it: Link

4. fredperry

fredperry New Member

City, State:
    Cracow / Krakow (Poland)