• Register Today It's free!

a/c not real cold

mobeious

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT V8
i have already did the blend box fix ... but my a/c isnt "ice" cold .. its cold air but takes like 20mins to actually cool down the interior of the truck .. i have already recharged the a/c and the low pressure is at 50psi .... any other tips?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have already did the blend box fix ... but my a/c isnt "ice" cold .. its cold air but takes like 20mins to actually cool down the interior of the truck .. i have already recharged the a/c and the low pressure is at 50psi .... any other tips?

50 PSI is not low enough. It should at least get down to the high 30's low 40's for PSI before the compressor starts to cycle. How was the system recharged? was it evacuated and then filled with the proper amount of freon?

before i charged it it would go down in the 30's then up to around 40ish... for reading i found out with ambiant temp of 95 degrees it should read 50-55psi so i filled it to 50psi.. it was cycling about every 5 secs before the charge now it just holds at 50psi ... i did here it cycle at a red light though ... still not cold cold though

What is the temperature at the vents? Are you putting it into "recirc" mode on the panel to make sure it is not drawing in outside air?

before i charged it it would go down in the 30's then up to around 40ish... for reading i found out with ambiant temp of 95 degrees it should read 50-55psi so i filled it to 50psi.. it was cycling about every 5 secs before the charge now it just holds at 50psi ... i did here it cycle at a red light though ... still not cold cold though

This may be your problem. Just using a pressure gauge to fill the system is not accurate enough, in my opinion. Doing it this way you could still be low on freon.

So I should get a set of gauges mad for a/c instead of the gauge on the can? .....whatveoukd b the proper way of doing it

Well, the compressor should cycle, from my experience it will cycle even when it is 95 degree outside. What happens to the pressure when you would raise the rpm off idle? Would the compressor then cycle? The proper (by the book) way is to bring it to someone with the equipment to evacuate the system and program the charge into the machine and charge it. This may not be an option for you because it costs $$. So, if it were my truck, I would try to add a little more freon. Also, make sure your radiator and condensor are not filled with debris, this will restrict air flow across the condensor making it less efficient.

What is the temperature of the air coming out of the vents?

ok did the blend door fix ... did the recirc door fix .... air is blowing alot harder but still not cold its cool but not cold .... charged the a/c with one of the cans that has a gauge filled it to 55psi.... the compressor was cycleing before the charge now it just stays at 55psi and doesnt cycle

What is the temperature at the vents? Are you putting it into "recirc" mode on the panel to make sure it is not drawing in outside air?

???

Back