1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

A couple of compatability questions

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by Troy H, July 11, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Troy H

Troy H Member

City, State:
    Columbia Gorge, WA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 XLT
    Hi all,

First, will rims from a 91 4wd Ranger fit a 96? I believe the rims are 14's rather than 15's. Will there be a problem with rotors or brakes with this change? Other?

Also, what would be required to make a winch mount/brush guard from a 2002 Ranger fit the 96? Has anyone done this before? What about the brush guard doesn't fit?

Thanks for your help!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. JW

JW Third Gen Collector Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Valencia, CA
    A Pair Of Gen 3s
    I don't believe the 14's will fit. The brakes got bigger in '95 and the standard wheel was a 15". The bolt pattern is the same but I don't think the calipers will clear.

The winch mount/brush guard might look correct, since the shape of the body between those two years is so similar, but the frame changed in '98 so the existing mounts might not fit the older frame.

4. Troy H

Troy H Member

City, State:
    Columbia Gorge, WA
    1996 XLT
    Thanks for your response, JW. [​IMG]

I'm hoping to inherit snow tires from a friend who just upgraded from a 1991 to a 2001. I should be able to try to mount the wheels this upcoming weekend, but I won't get my hopes up.

The winch mount bumper is for sale in the area for ridiculously cheap. Too good to pass up, really, but I don't like the idea of stressing a winch on a bumper mount that doesn't fit right.

Thanks again.

We Support Our Troops!