A new blend door didn't fix my A/C & heater problem. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A new blend door didn't fix my A/C & heater problem.

pceddiebauer

Reaction score
City, State
panama city
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 eddie bauer
I have a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition and I replaced my blend door actuator my actuator, and my ac head unit, for a minute i thought it had worked. But after about 10 minutes my a/c started to get lukewarm.I stuck my hand in the plenum where i cut from the bottom and the air was lukewarm before it was getting to the blend door. I checked to make sure my compressor was not cycling on and off, but it was good. I can run it for about 10 minutes then it gets warm. Then i shut it off for about 5 - 10 minutes and restart it and its back to normal . then gets warm again and i have to constantly turn it on and off. All this time my Ac compressor is still working perfect. i ran the head unit diagnostic and no trouble codes are found. Does anyone have any idea what i should do next ?

I've got this issue myself, I think it's my comp clutch but I can't swear to it yet. Should probably look into this now that it's hot out again.

Back