• Register Today It's free!

A10 SD card for navigation

bkcraun

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Has anyone bought the new A10 map SD card on ebay??
I'm just curious if these will work in my 2013 Explorer with 6 year olds maps in the NAV.
Is there anything I would need to do other than just plug in the SD card?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I would think that any SD navigation card would work in your system. There are other members who have upgraded their navigation with newer cards and did not have any issues. It should just be a case of removing the old one and inserting the new one. As for getting them from eBay, I guess it is like most other items, 'Buyer beware'.
Some have had issues but I believe most experienced no problems. I don't know if there is a way to determine if you are getting the real thing or a copy of it.

Peter

Thanks! Will let the group know.

Okay I didn't realize that. Whats the difference.

No idea, other than some map updates.

Has anyone bought the new A10 map SD card on ebay??
I'm just curious if these will work in my 2013 Explorer with 6 year olds maps in the NAV.
Is there anything I would need to do other than just plug in the SD card?
Thanks!

You will need to be running Sync 3.8 or 3.10, if you're not already.

I've gotten multiple versions on eBay. If you go with a well regarded seller, you should be fine.

I've gotten multiple versions on eBay. If you go with a well regarded seller, you should be fine.

How do I know which version I'm running?? Thanks

How do I know which version I'm running?? Thanks
Somewhere in the MFT screen there is a page for Software. I don't have MFT any longet so I'm not sure exactly how to get there. I believe you have to go to "Settings" (gear icon) and then select 'Help' and look for 'System Information'.The version should look somewhat like this if you have the latest 3.10 update; CCPU S/W Version is 3.10.16180.EA.0_Product

EDIT: I edited the posts after checking page 543 of the 2013 Owner's Manual.

Peter

The A10 SD card should work in previous models. A series cards should be literally plug and play. Depending on when your purchased your 2016 Explorer the SD card would be either A6 or A7. The general pattern is the number of the card is one ahead of the calendar year. Example A5-2014, A6-2015, A7-2016, A8-2017,A9-2018 etc....

Remove old card, insert new card and let the MFT software do the work. You might have to try a couple of times on the new card but should work without any major effort.

NOTE: This is the NAV SD card update only the MFT Software is entirely different subject,

The A10 card worked great! Just pulled out the A4 and pushed in the A10. Maps updated nicely!

I figured it would. Takes a minute or two to load the new map updates to the GPS module but other than that plug and play.

I am not sure what part of the country you are in but a note for winter.

During extremely low temperatures especially with dry air there can be a fault. Pretty easy fix just might take a minute.

The error will display “NAV SD CARD FAULT.

Corrective action is to remove SD card from the slot hold in the palm of your hands and close into a fist for about 30 seconds to a minute. The theory is if your wearing gloves the palm of your hands will be warmer than outside ambient temperature. Basically the air is so cold it won’t allow a signal from SD card to GPS module. Inserting in your hand for a few seconds should warm it up enough to make contact.

This fault will usually cure itself either with the trick I described or as vehicle warms up. It might take a couple of tries but the fault should clear when card or the inside of the vehicle warms up.

If you guys get the A10 card, could I buy your A9 off you cheap?

I recently put eBay A10 cards in both my 2016 explorer and 2011 edge. Both are running 3.10.

The 2 i bought from seller navking, Are not compatible with sync when trying to use nav with voice commands.

Ive got a 2016 Explorer Sport with a SYNC SD card A6 (FM5T-19H449-AA).

i have no idea what all is on the SD card,but I do know that the navigation data is on there. Also, I have been several places out of town where my phone navigation takes me on roads that are not on the SYNC navigation.

Is there a way to update the navigation software and data to the most current version available? is so, what is th ebest way to do it?

thanks in advance.

The card contains the navigation maps. You will have to buy a new SD card. I believe A10 is the latest but I'm not positive. Even the latest ones are probably up to 2 years old.
I have moved your thread to this existing one.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is not correct, A10 maps update will be working on any MFT v3.x

Back