• Register Today It's free!

A4LD leakage question

1993fordexplode

Reaction score
City, State
Littleton NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 sport 1993 xlt
I have a 93 explorer with the a4ld auto. it keeps eating front pump seals. my mechanic (stepdad) says he has seen alot of ex's that have a worn front bushing behind the front pump seal that goes and allows the shaft to move and eat the seal. have any of you had this kind of problem before? what did you have to replace? did you do the work yourselves etc. I could use the help I want my ex back (it is parked as not to further damage the tranny) I hate driving my dads little import car.

I finally go the money for my lift but I have to wait to get my tranny fixed first!!

Stepdad knows best

Yes, do a search of the site and you will find the info, the pump bushing and the crank bushing should be checked(actually replaced) during a rebuild.

You need a housing with the bushing installed- a trans shop can get you set up. You also need a pump alignmernt tool to set up the pump correctly also so taking it to a shop with the correct tools is really the best bet- plus you get some protection from their warranty - short as it may be.

Good Luck and search the site - trans info galore since its the weak point on the ex.

I just found the info thanks for the help

Back