Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

A4ld rebuild questions

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by Fordexplorerguy1, January 30, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Fordexplorerguy1

Fordexplorerguy1 Active Member

City, State:
    NC
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
    Hi all, Im thinking about rebuilding my a4ld trannie in my 94 ex and i was wondering a few things,. what kind of rebuild kit do i need? What special tools do i need? Does anyone have a manual of the a4ld? I cant find it anywhere on the internets,. If anyone has the manual Could they send it to me? Thanks. I have to july to get this truck off its feet.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 91Explored

91Explored New Member

City, State:
    Austin TX
    91 Explorer w/A4LD
    There is a sticky on rebuilding Glacier 991 ? & BrooklynBay & another have done. They talk about the tools and kits. Buy the A4LD transmission book and update book.
    I am getting ready to use their info to tear my A4LD down to see why it dows not go.

4. Slowlyvverot

Slowlyvverot Active Member

City, State:
    Greensboro, NC
    93 ExElTee
    yeah, check Glaciers a4ld rebuild. the common concensus is a hard parts rebuild is a must. soft parts rebuilds will fail relatively quickly.

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars