Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

? about factory (cassette) stereo & CD changer

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Derek's E.B., September 24, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Derek's E.B.

Derek's E.B. New Member

City, State:
      Louisville KY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 Eddie Bauer
      I just purchased a 96 Eddie Bauer and it has all the options the EB's come with except the 6disc in the consule. I have some phone jack looking hole in the consule, but I have no idea what that is for :confused: ! I have the factory cassete/fm/am radio, but I'm not sure if I can run a factory or after market changer through it. Can I? I want the front unit to stay the same because it's such a large unit and would hate the look of a small radio with a huge bezel up front. I would only change it if I purchased a TV, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

My ? is: Can I buy a factory (or after market)CD changer, put it in my consule and it run through my factory unit up front?

If so, is anyone selling :D ?

Derek

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Derek's E.B.

Derek's E.B. New Member

City, State:
      Louisville KY
      96 Eddie Bauer
      I really need to know...:(

Derek

4. ldspartan

ldspartan New Member

City, State:
      Guilford, CT
      '98 XLT
      You should be able to use a factory changer with the head unit you have, although I don't know what the options were on the '96s. I have a factory 6-disc changer out of a '98 for sale if you're interested... You can usually tell if your truck had a factory changer in the center console to begin with; the plastic inside piece of the console has a changer-shaped flat area in the bottom. E-mail or priv message me if you're interested in that changer.

--
      Phil

5. coolchris

coolchris Elite Explorer

1996 xlt
      HEY!! get this, i have a FACTORY 96 cd changer sitting right in my garage! i took it out when i put in my new system.... if you want it make me an offer and its yours!