hbaldwin62

Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, Worcestershire
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997, Ford Explorer
Hi everyone

I have a 1997 Ford Explorer.

On normal braking to a stop, in the last few feet of stopping, I can feel and hear the ABS system coming into play, mainly from what feels like the front right hand side. I reiterate, this is under normal braking and normal road conditions.

No lights appear on the dashboard in relation to the ABS system. Braking in every other respect is perfectly normal and as you would expect.

We had some snow here a few weeks back and I took the opportunity to test the ABS braking just to make sure it did work as it should when skidding - it worked perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be going on here?

Thanks.

Harry
UK

Sorry had to read your post again, your light is not on just like mine. I have a scanner that does obdII, srs, and abs. A scan with that will also reveal no stored codes. There is a TSB from Ford about this that does talk about when the pump kicks in seeing wich way the wheel pulls to and the opposite side being the problem hub/wheel speed sensor. Its on blee1099's site from this forum:

http://www.blee1099.com/tsb_98-14-8.pdf

I just noticed today that mine is pulling just slightly to the left. So even though my hubs are new I will be looking into the right hub again.

Back