1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

ABS wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer 911!' started by matthewg, January 9, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. matthewg

matthewg New Member

City, State:
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 XLT
    i have just completed making one x from 2. it was a long project and all i need to do now is fix the abs sensor problem i have encountered. i have searched this site on all relevant info and got alot of useful tips. it is a 99 xlt, RHD. (i'm an aussie). i gave to car to a ford dealership and they said it was the abs sensor from the code readout. I assume it is the rear, as the speedo doesn't work, and it also won't go into overdrive.

I tested the wiring witha multi-metre, but i'm not sure if this would work because i got that idea from another year's model. no voltage came out. To truly test this i need a wiring diagram. is there anyone out there that might be able to help me out. a new rear abs sensor will cost me around $559 over hear (thats not a typing error). so i'm not prepared to go and sepend that and then find that the wiring is the problem.

If anyone has the wiring diagram for a 99xlt i would be most grateful. i also can't buy the chilton's over hear. maybe someone could scan it in for me.

Any other tips or pointers, or some method of testing the actual sensor itself would be most useful.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Rah no Hans Bwix

City, State:
    WA
    1994 XLT 4x4
    It's the rear sensor, as you were told. Does that price include labor? The sensors here are like $30

• Like Like x 1
  4. matey

matey Aussie Dude

City, State:
    Sydney NSW Australia
    Black 01 xlt explorer
    i got a disk from a 2002 has all the diagrams on it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blayzin212

Blayzin212 New Member

City, State: