Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

AC help needed

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by gurnzb, May 26, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. gurnzb

gurnzb New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 Ford Explorer
    So long story short, AC is blowing warm.

I've attempted a recharge, didn't work. I noticed as I was recharging, the pressure would very slowly go down after I injected some R134a. Maybe I have a leak?

I want to check compressor, but don't know where it is. Thought I was looking at the right thing but too many belts for it to be compressor. Can someone submit a pic of their compressor? 2011 Explorer is what I have, so a 11-16 would work I'm assuming.

I also noticed the fan in what I think is the condenser was not spinning. Not sure if that is a by product of something else, or if it was even the condenser.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.