1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

AC ISSUES

Discussion in 'Ford Escape Forum' started by rtruxdope98, September 5, 2018.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tags:
  1. rtruxdope98

rtruxdope98 New Member

City, State:
    Louisville, KY
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1998 Ford Explorer XLT
    Hi, I have a 2003 Escape V6, approx 180K miles, and my AC has started having issues staying cold. For example, I'll have it on Max AC, blower on high, and it'll be ice cold, and then suddenly the temp will change, and it's like it doesn't have the freon in it. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm just sitting & idling or if I'm driving. It does it at seemingly random times.

I just had my AC Compressor replaced as well as the belt. And obviously, had it filled up w/freon. So what could cause it to do this? When it's cold, it's ice cold and great! But when it's not.... Well u can imagine in 100 degree weather. Please help!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. mattadams

mattadams Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Longmont, CO
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2017 Explorer Sport
    Does it make any difference if you point it at the floor or at the vents? It sounds like the blend door to me... there is a little "door" that controls whether hot or cold air are coming out, or a mixture thereof and it can get stuck or operate incorrectly.