Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

accumulator/drier question.

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by tbl&cmpp, July 19, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. tbl&cmpp

tbl&cmpp New Member

City, State:
      Rock Hill, S.C.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1992 xlt
      Recently I replaced all the seals in my a/c sytem (1992 explorer). At this time I also replaced the orafice and the accumulator as I have read repeatedly that any time you open the system to air this is required. After replacing the seals and acc, the system still will not hold a vacuum. I have only drawn the vacuum and not put in any gas. Since I will probably open the lines again to find leak and replace whatever is leaking, will I need to replace the accumulator again? I still have the caps that came on it so can I reinstall the caps and save the accumulator?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.