Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Adding Android/iOS Mirroring to MFT

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by Flusterclucks, July 17, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Flusterclucks

Flusterclucks New Member

City, State:
    Nashville, TN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Explorer Limited
    New guy here. Long time googler, first time poster...

I'm beyond fed up with all of the broken promises and teases with adding app capabilities to the existing MFT platform by Ford, so I'm looking for a way to add them myself.

While doing some research, I came across this Crux Wi-Fi Audio/Video Interface for Ford/Lincoln vehicles 2011-up. http://www.cruxinterfacing.com/products/WVIFD-02/index.html#tpm1_1

After looking at the manual (here), it seems as if this may allow me to connect my Android or iOS device to my MFT's screen and mirror (virtually all) of the content. With Android and Miracast, I believe I could use apps, such as Waze, on my screen, instead of having to rely just on my phone's screen. There's a few other benefits that I would gain, but the benefit of being able to mirror my device's screen and finally use certain apps on my screen is the key selling point to me...

Has anyone seen or tried this yet?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. LukerDooker

LukerDooker Active Member

City, State:
    N.E.
    2013Limited 301A TuxBlack
    Last edited: July 17, 2015
  4. gatzdon

gatzdon Active Member

City, State:
    IL
    2000 Exp XLS 4WD V6 OHV
    I would love to see an Android Auto integration using the same technique as this aftermarket navigation system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lue5P6tAagI

We know it's possible to use the LCD and Digitizer with an external device. Hopefully someone develops an Android Auto solution using this concept.