Adding fog lights to 2016+ Base Explorer? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding fog lights to 2016+ Base Explorer?

I can't say if the brackets are the same on the 2017 as the 2011-15, but for the early years they look like this and cost about ~50 for the pair:

(FO2602103, FO2603103)
s-l1600.jpg

I don't believe they are, as (from what I've found) 2011-15 models have the fog lights in the bottom part of the bumper, whereas 2016-17 have them higher, just below the headlights and are a wildly different shape. It seems like 18 and 19 model years (or maybe just 19?) have smaller cutouts of the 16-17, but still in the same place.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a wiring diagram for the exterior lighting system on 2016-onwards.
Q83hcGI
No picture/diagram visible. Using Google, if I right click and select open image in new tab, then it comes up.

Peter

Where is the dome light on that light switch?
I talked to a sales man and told me it could work for the explorer just a few mods he told me to call him on monday to talk about the harness, and yes i noticed that on the switch no dome light but since it is for mustangs maybe they have an external dome switch really don't know

I have dug in as well trying to add fogs to my 2016 PIU. It already has the lenses in the front bumper they were utilized for EM flashers. I bought a switch with fog, a $5 pinout tool from Amazon but am stuck trying to find a diagram link that actually works. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram with pin schematic? When I put the new switch in and hit the fog switch my dome light comes on. I can de-pin and move/add wires where necessary just cannot seem to get necessary info!

Back