Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Adding interior lighting

Discussion in 'Performance Lighting' started by edj1993, June 30, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. edj1993

edj1993 New Member

City, State:
      Lafayette, IN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '07 Sport Trac 4.6L
      I would like to add some additional lights under the dash to come on when I open the doors in my'07 Sporttrac. Does anyone have any advice as how to hardwire these ?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BXTF

BXTF Member

City, State:
      TUCKAHOE NY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 EXPLORER SPORT TRAC
      HI edj1993 I have a 2001 sport trac 4x4 and was thinking of doing the same thing very dark on the floor the problem I have is what type of light's can I use I do not know how to hardwire it but was told that in the trim around the door is were I could tap into the power source for the other interior lights.

Form another member on this site ncranchero he is a good friend of mine and knows what needs to be done I would contact him for your question he had told me once on how to do it but I have forgotten.So if you find what type of light i could use on my 2001 st it would be a big help to me and good luck.

BXTF:usa:

Last edited: July 5, 2011