Adding navigation, need help with media hub. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding navigation, need help with media hub.

Inane222

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford PIU Eco
Hey guys, about this time last year, I converted my 17' PIU over from the 4.2" screen with Sync to the 8" MFT system. Got it all up and running and it was definitely worth it! Take the time to learn how to use Forscan and learn about As Built codes.

I skipped on adding navigation at the time because I needed to start working out of the vehicle and get it officially in the fleet. Plus, I wan't able to reasonably source a media hub out of a 16' or 17'. My donor APIM was out of a 16' Limited and had factory nav. I turned this off so it just displays the compass now.

I have since bought a media hub, A6 nav card and the matching pigtail / connectors for the hub (from Mouser). The hub is out of a 15' and has dual USB, SD card and a 3.5mm audio in. My 17' has a single USB and the 3.5mm jack and the connector is totally different. They changed the wiring in 16' so I knew it wouldn't just plug and play. Does anyone out there have a wiring pinout or schematic for this 2015 media hub? The connector for this hub has 12 cavities for wiring, not sure how many are actually used.

Thanks!

Back