Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Adding Remote Start if you already have Power Lift Gate option

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by SterlingGrayXLT, July 18, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. SterlingGrayXLT

SterlingGrayXLT New Member

City, State:
      Saint Joseph, MI
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2011 Ford Explorer XLT
      I know there are some good threads on remote starts, however, nothing is 100% clear about adding the remote start if you already have the power lift gate option.

Has anyone added the remote start to a 2011 that had the power lift gate option already in it? Did you have to rely on the dealer to install? What model # kit did you order?

It seems like many people without the lift gate can order up a remote start kit (~$200), and just have the car programmed at the dealer and keys cut (~$50) so it's only around $250.

I've been quoted $400+ for adding remote start by my local dealers.....

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. uniquename

uniquename Active Member

City, State:
      Twin Cities, MN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '11 XLT
      It's a bi-directional system. I apologize, I ditched the part numbers after I got mine (non power liftgate). I am fairly sure it includes an extra fob where the system I got uses a single key.