Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Adding / Removing Dash Trim

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods' started by oscillot, September 11, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. FAV002

FAV002 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2013 Explorer Limited
    No, I never did find a way to swap them out.

...but if I do, I'll give you my wood ones!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Roberth78

Roberth78 New Member

City, State:
    Southern California
    2014 Ford Explorer XLT
    Sounds like we should just do the switch! My aluminum ones for your wood trimmed ones! Haha! Looking into vinyl as a lot of people suggested above. Not sure... Have you tried to take them off? I've sort of just pried a bit and they seem like they are extremely tight in their places! This is the trim that runs across the top of the glove box and follows along the door about a foot and half.

4. chrisx

chrisx New Member

City, State:
    Nassau, Bahamas
    2011 Explorer limited
    how to remove interior wood trim

Hey guys want to wrap the interior wood trim but want to know if anyone has tried or has taken off the trim. If so how difficult was it. Let me know. Thanks

5. Roberth78

Roberth78 New Member

City, State:
    Southern California
    2014 Ford Explorer XLT
    So the trim is permanently snapped on to the door. It has melted plastic pieces that melt from the back to keep them in place. I did wrap mine in vinyl wood to
    Just see what it would look like. I love the way the trim looked on the glove box wrapped, but the door panels, because they are curvy, didn't come out as I thought. I pulled mine off already. With heat they wrapped very well and was able to tuck the vinyl in around the edges of the piece. Like
    I said though, the vinyl wood just a didn't look like I had imagined around those curvy pieces.