Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Adrenalin drivers power window

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by Legweak87, February 28, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Legweak87

Legweak87 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin
      Hi guys, first post on the forum.

I have a 2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin and the drivers window simply doesn’t work.
      I have a constant live, switch live and ground all at the window motor which led me to believe a new motor was required.
      I have received 2 new window motor and regulators and neither have worked.

I have checked all fuses, continuity of the switch etc. And still cannot wrap my head around as to why it won’t work.

I would appreciate any pointers in case I have missed something?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 06bluez

06bluez Active Member

City, State:
      St Charles MO
      '10 Sport Trac Adrenalin
      strange, assuming you checked the basics, with the motor out, the window moves up and down without binding? Maybe it could be related to the drivers side one touch feature?

4. Legweak87

Legweak87 New Member

2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin
      I had the old motor and the new motor out, unconnected to the regulator and neither motor will turn.
      I have heard that there is a body control module that may shut power to a particular switch and may need reset.