1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

advice for 2001

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jcn1112, December 18, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jcn1112

jcn1112 New Member

City, State:
      Richmond, VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 xlt
      I am looking to put add a leafs and rear shackles on my 2001 XLT along with a TT. If someone that knows a good amount about this kind of stuff could just tell me what kind of AALs and shackles to get that would be great (because nothing says for 2001 Ex, so Im thinking like F-150 parts may fit, I dunno). I also need to know whether or not I should keep my factory torsion bars or get new ones. Ive heard Bs are the best. I also am looking to get a 2 or 3" BL. I need to know what kind to get on that. I found this website and it seems to have everything I need but I dont know which type to get of each thing because everything is for a F-150 or something other than an explorer. If someone has like 2 mins to go and look at the site and tell me which stuff to get that would be awesome. Thanks a lot.

www.suspensionconnection.com

its real easy to follow itll take 2 minutes tops
      I really appreciate it

Last edited: December 18, 2004
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 00sport4x4

00sport4x4 Active Member

City, State:
      Elyria, OH
      2004 Ranger FX4 Level 2
      You could use pa#883 3 inch body lift, warrior shackles part# 153 "I think" and for aal you'd use a ranger or f150. Use the seach funtion and you'll be able to double check the part #'s and info on which part to buy. You can purchase all these parts from www.desertrat.com. Be aware that you will need to modifiy the bumper brackets with the body lift due to the fact its for a ranger. GOOD LUCK

4. ExplorerSportNu

ExplorerSportNu Well-Known Member

City, State:
      St.Louis - MO
      95 Sport/ExpeditionPkg
      Go to summit to get the bl if you want it, they'll be the cheapest, then call desertrat for the shackles and tell them you found it somewhere cheaper and you can get a deal on those ;)