advice needed urgently ............. help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

advice needed urgently ............. help!!

ian2911

Reaction score
City, State
evesham
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford
Hi Guys, my trusty 98 explorer has developed another issue. after spending a fortune rebuilding the engine, new wheel bearings ,cv joints and tyres it now whines very loudly when driving, i have checked them and both front and rear diffs have serious wear in the bearings and both are leaking oil badly so need fixing or replacing. My issue is cost as i have just about wiped myself out keeping the old girl on the road and tidying her up can anyone recommend anywhere to buy bearing kits at a good price in the uk or suggest diffs from different vehicles which will fit the explorer as the cost of them over here is stupid even breaker yards are asking around £750 for them and i cannot afford that but if a diff from another vehicle will fit it may be cheaper. I fell lucky with my sons ranger and found a diff from a mazda b2500 which fitted in perfectly at a quater of the cost so wondered if there was an alternative for the explorer ones too. thanks in advance ian

Back