• Register Today It's free!

advice on removing emblems...

think I should take the 5.0 off?

ON:

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 444

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OFF:

Off:

Attachments

• no50.jpg
    no50.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 418

close up

here's one a little closer... once these guys are off, they will never stick the same again so I just thought I would get your opinions... Thanks everyone...

Attachments

• emblems.jpg
    emblems.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 443

Leave 'em!

Leave 'em on!!! I think those are kick ass emblems! If I had a V8 in my truck I'd be looking for something like that.

I actually ADDED badges to my truck. I went to a Ford dealer down here and told them I had a 2000 Explorer, and I needed 2 sets of the 'XLT' badge from the trunk, and they gave em to me, and I put them on the door panels, and then I ordered two Ford logos (small ones) and put them above the XLT badges, so it says Ford XLT on my doors now....

So to end.... leave em, they rule!

Keep 'um. I would definitely want to say that I have a supercharged V8.:D

sleeper...

yeah, I hear ya adlive. I am trying to go with that sleeper look and I am not sure if the 5.0 is just too much. I want some little 302 stickers that the bosses have that go near the cowl. Just something small to show the displacement.

Still, I have always loved that picture of the two emblems... I don't know, any more comments?

Also, how hard is it to patch up all th holes left from the roof rack? Not really the holes as much as the studs in the roof...

LP.. I'd don't think your X could pass as a sleeper even with those emblems off. The untrained eye can even tell your ride has been modded. You might as well leave them on because 1) They look badass. 2) When ricers pull up next to you thinking you're rice as well, you can prove them wrong. If it says 'supercharged,' it is supercharged. 3) It's unique. How many people can say they have a supercharged V8 in their X?

I like the clean look on the sides. But that is just an opinion.

ditch the emblems.

the rt6's in 18" look awesome, btw. im actually thinking about ditching my 17's for 18's when my tires wear down.

attn photochoppers...

could someone take my truck and paint it all black... bumpers, grill, running boards, etc so I can see what it will look like? Thanks ploders!

Like so?

Attachments

• blackbox.jpg
    blackbox.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 331

oooh...

ahhh...

yeah, that's awesome. what did you use to do that?

can you post one more without the grill done?

photoshop i'd assume...i love the all black look, i say go with it

Yeah, photoshop.

Re: sleeper...

Originally posted by LowdPypes
how hard is it to patch up all th holes left from the roof rack? Not really the holes as much as the studs in the roof...
you'll have to grind the "stud sleeves" down, and weld in whats left. i have looked into this, but it is way down the road for me.

BTW, i like it better with the emblems off and all black. it does look ok with them, but im a "sleeper" kind of guy, too.

hahaha...

Just laugh...

Lifted.jpg

Hey, that looks preety nice.

Back