• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar blower motor question.

weileder

Reaction score
City, State
Shreveport, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Aerostar
We just bought a 93 Areostar. The A/C isn't working. The man I bought it from said there is a leak in the vacuum causing the blower not to open. Another friend told me that means I need a new vacuum line, but when I search for vacuum line, on auto store websites, I get no results. Can someone please tell me the name of the part I need to be looking for? Thank you so much. I'm really excited about finding this website :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hum not sure about your issue being vacuum related.
First check the blower motor to make sure it will actually spin.

Do you have any hot air blowing at all through the vents when you turn the ac on? Do you have any freon pressure in your A/C system? Does the compressor clutch turn on?

I just rebuilt the entire A/C system on my 97 Aerostar but I'm not an expert on A/C repair.

-Scott

It does try to cut on, but there is NO air coming through. The autoparts store said to first change the blower relay, so we are going to do that today. He (autostore guy) said that the vacuum line wouldn't be the problem for the a/c.

Welcome to this forum! Did you check the fuses, and the blower motor resistor? If you have a test light, you could check the blower motor plug when the system is turned on to see if you have 12 volts going into the blower motor.

I don't think we have a test light. We did check the fuses, and changed the relay. That didn't help. It's trying to come on. We can here it, it tries stops and tries again, over and over. I'm wondering if the "stopping sound" is because it's not opening to let the air through to the vents.

I don't have one, but I'll ask around and see if I can find a friend with one. Thank you.

Back