1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

after tdc timing

Discussion in 'EEC V' started by vipersinu2, August 4, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. vipersinu2

vipersinu2 Active Member

City, State:
    The Big City of Orange City, Florida
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97-03 4.0 exp 07 mount v8
    2003 explorer 4.0 when full throttle timing mark goes past tdc when i have timing light on harmonic balancer and loss of power.

how can i correct this ford dealer says they cant fix timing, and everything is running as best as they can get it?

Last edited: August 4, 2011
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. vipersinu2

vipersinu2 Active Member

City, State:
    The Big City of Orange City, Florida
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    97-03 4.0 exp 07 mount v8
    problem solved

2003 explorer spark plug (shorter) compared to 2010 ranger spark plug (longer)

[​IMG]

My engine donor was from a 2010 ranger with the longer spark plugs. I installed a new set of spark plugs for a 2003 explorer which are shorter. I never noticed the difference in length. I Installed the orginal 2010 spark plugs and studdering went away, I put on 20 miles and all seems good

We Support Our Troops!