Aftermarket Exhaust For N/A Engine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket Exhaust For N/A Engine

j24ny

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a '17 XLT, naturally aspirated engine. I've only found 2 aftermarket exhaust kits that fit this model: Magnaflow Part #19274, and Borla Touring Part #140658. I purchased the magnaflow, didnt like the sound, ended up selling it. However, Im interested in purchasing the Borla, but I cannot for the life of me find a sound clip of it. I know that aftermarket exhausts for naturally aspirated Explorers are pretty uncommon so Ive yet to find a video of what it sounds like. Does anyone here own this exhaust? If so, would you be able to post a sound/video clip of it? How do you like it? The Magnaflow was just a deep, low tone and made the truck sound worse. The Borla touring videos Ive seen of other vehicles do make it sound pretty good, but I really want to know what it sounds like specifically on the Explorer and I dont want the hassle of reselling/returning like I did with the Magnaflow. Thanks.

I did the CORSA exhaust. Nice and QUIET, mellow tone at idle, mellow (almost cannot hear it at cruise), and a medium growl at WOT. So you can tell its there, but by no means anywhere near loud. IMAG0945.jpg

the N/A probably will sound different vs. the turbo'd engine due to the actual sound making it to the mufflers.

Back