• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

handi

Reaction score
City, State
Nebraska
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 Limited
Looking into getting some new wheels because I hate the limited wheels. I have been looking around but have not had any luck finding any pictures really. I would like to stick with 20's and something in black, post up some ideas please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking into getting some new wheels because I hate the limited wheels. I have been looking around but have not had any luck finding any pictures really. I would like to stick with 20's and something in black, post up some ideas please.

The limited has two options? There are the standard 20" painted aluminum wheels and the 20" polished aluminum wheels. Do you hate both?

I had a hard time choosing but decided that for me, I like the look of the five spoke painted aluminum wheels. I think both look nice. Just glade none are chrome clad!

I got the XLT specifically because I didnt like the wheels.

The limited has two options? There are the standard 20" painted aluminum wheels and the 20" polished aluminum wheels. Do you hate both?

I had a hard time choosing but decided that for me, I like the look of the five spoke painted aluminum wheels. I think both look nice. Just glade none are chrome clad!
I have the painted aluminum as well and have received quite a few compliments on them.:thumbsup:

I really want to get a set of the Chrome 18" Edge wheels.....And then use my 18" Painted wheels for winter wheels. Anybody know where you can find a set for under $1000?

I just ordered my "Crimson" Limited yesterday with the painted 20's with the intention of getting after market wheels. So far these are my fav:

xwheels.jpg

One vote for the ones on the left.

Left was my original pick, I should go with my original gut feeling right? :)
When I first found these on tirerack the 22" version said they would fit the explorer, now they don't.. but I think since then I've decided against trying 22" wheels anyway, I think they would severely disturb the almost perfect ride the explorer provides.

Right ones I really like the black wheels the best! Thinking of getting the oe ones painted black with my gray truck, just like the mustang...

don't know if they have any sizes that would fit the EX, but they are very nice specially the new concave line (VVSCx)

http://www.vossenwheels.com/

like this one on a range, would look nice on the EX too

LI2010112318318.jpg

I like all black 5 spoke wheels on the platinums... here's one that kinda shows what I mean...

ExplorerDUBRender-white-zoom1.jpg

Actually, this one is real and looks better...

2011-ford-explorer-by-funk-master-flex-rear-view.jpg

Those black 5 spoke are very nice but the OEM polished aluminum 20's are nice too.

To each his/her own I guess

I think the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3, but not sure what the width or the offset of the OEM 20" are, but here are some options in black based on OP's orig request, and there are tons more at KX:

Last edited by a moderator:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back