Aftermarket wheels | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you peter must of overlooked the original post my bad lol
I knew the post was there because another member asked the same question.;)

does anyone know what size the hub is on the explorer sport ?

I had my 20" chrome wheels painted gloss black

I can't figure out how to add media.
You can take out a $20 Elite membership, Dead Link Removed which will allow you to post media directly from your device or use a 3rd party site like Photobucket to link pictures. Using a 3rd party site doesn't guaranty pictures will remain accessible. An membership also helps to support this Forum.

Peter

Who said Mondays suck? FedEx showed up with my Velgen wheels yesterday and got them all mounted up, now I just have to watch out for curbs!

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

You have a habit of blasting people on their choice of caliper covers over paint. If you don't like covers, fine. Don't put them on your ride. Belittling other people's preferences is juvenile.

Every time I see stock calipers that have been painted, it confirms my choice. I'm not trying to convince anyone that my Ex has some sort of after-market big brake kit. I like the clean look and the color accent that the covers give me. If you prefer painted calipers, cool. Your car, your preferences.

Last edited:

Very nice!!!
What are the specs?

Thank you JETZ

Velgen VMB5 (20 x 10.5 gun metal gray)
Tires are Toyo Proxes S/T II I have used the Toyo Proxes S/T II on several cars and trucks for several years and have had very good luck with them (traction & wear). I bought the tires from Les Schwab (a local chain with many stores) and their customer service is the best around, if I ever have a problem they just take care of it ............. no questions asked!

Now paint those calipers :)

Or covers ;)

I'm not a fan of caliper covers! One more piece to clean or rattle..... plus they just look fake.
Who has time to paint rough poorly cast stock calipers.... not me. I have 2 more project cars to finish.

There is a 3rd solution that looks better than covers or paint! And I think it will make the rims stand out and when I get a few minutes I will be doing, hopefully this weekend. I'm going to remove all four calipers.......... for that extra clean look :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Who said Mondays suck? FedEx showed up with my Velgen wheels yesterday and got them all mounted up, now I just have to watch out for curbs!

View attachment 97297
Saw the same wheels on a...., dare I say,.......Dodge Journey yesterday.

Back