Aftermarket wheels | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Saw the same wheels on a...., dare I say,.......Dodge Journey yesterday.

WOW..... I could have gone all year without hearing that. Didn't your Mom tell you if you can't say anything nice don't say anything? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm thinking about getting the satin black Velgen wheels. Where did you guys purchase them from? Best price? Thanks guys

I'm thinking about getting the satin black Velgen wheels. Where did you guys purchase them from? Best price? Thanks guys

I called Velgen directly. They were $1950 for the set of VMB6's plus shipping but if you are cool with them and tell them that a few members like me recommended them to you, they may give you a discount. They're from FL and they gave it to me for $1750 shipped. It would have easily cost $2200 at regular price + shipping. Ray@velgenwheels.com was the one who helped me. Email him and/or give him a call. They're really classy over there.

I called Velgen directly. They were $1950 for the set of VMB6's plus shipping but if you are cool with them and tell them that a few members like me recommended them to you, they may give you a discount. They're from FL and they gave it to me for $1750 shipped. It would have easily cost $2200 at regular price + shipping. Ray@velgenwheels.com was the one who helped me. Email him and/or give him a call. They're really classy over there.

Great. Thank you, I'll contact him.

I purchased a wheel/ tire combo online when a few months back and was super happy with it (Adventus AVX-7 22 x 9 +30 offset with 285/40/22 Yoko Spec-X tires) HOWEVER, the wheel faces stuck out further than the tires, making curb rash a serious threat, especially with the girlfriend cruising it (no offense honey). After 1000 miles I decided to change tire size. Yesterday I had Nitto 420S's installed, 285/35ZR/22's 106W. Wow, these things are SICK! I've got another inch of rubber on the road now, my wheel faces are protected, the tread pattern is awesome, and I bumped up in speed rating from V to W- not that I plan to test the limits of the W speed rating. An expensive lesson, but I don't regret the upgrade. Yoko's are for sale now BTW if anyone is interested- great tires, amazing ride, just not wide enough for my situation.

Thinking of running these. How does the offset compare to factory

Dub
Push - S109
GLOSS BLACK & MILLED 26
Recommended available fitments for your:2016 FORD EXPLORER SPORT 265 SUMMER TIRES
S109229552+32: 22x9.50 5x114.3 ET: 32

DUB_Push_BM_A1-3001.png

There are some websites that would tell you. Just google them and you'll get a list of them.

Love them and your pics but loose the red center caps......black to match Sport trim would look better IMHO

Love them and your pics but loose the red center caps......black to match Sport trim would look better IMHO
I was actually thinking the same thing.;)

Peter

Im not a big fan of everything blacked out hence why I went with bronze wheels. I also enjoy nice pops of color. In my opinion the red center caps tie in with the red from the tail lights. It also adds a touch of uniqueness to the car especially since the split 5 spoke almost looks OEM.

Im not a big fan of everything blacked out hence why I went with bronze wheels. I also enjoy nice pops of color. In my opinion the red center caps tie in with the red from the tail lights. It also adds a touch of uniqueness to the car especially since the split 5 spoke almost looks OEM.

What size tires are you running? I'm getting the same wheels, but want to go with a lower profile tire. Curious what yours are. I was thinking like 265/35 or 40

I agree! Makes me think 'Tuner Boys'. :rolleyes:

I was actually thinking the same thing.;)

Peter

Well good thing its my car and none of yours.... people on here are running donk wheels yet I get flak for having red center caps, lol. This reminds me why I stopped posting on this forum.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well good thing its my car and none of yours.... people on here are running donk wheels yet I get flak for having red center caps, lol. This reminds me why I stopped posting on this forum.

@ken60631 I like it, brother as you can probably tell from my ride with all the red trim. :D

Back