Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. myfoot

myfoot Member

City, State:
      Illinois quad cities
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 Platinum
      Haven't really had to many problems since I was upgraded to 2.8 but the one I always notice is with the navigation. I was showing my son how neat the map is as opposed to say my TOMTOM when twice in a row the map stayed still and the pointer drove off the screen.

Now like some others here, he's a software developer and just chuckled saying that should never have gotten out working like that. I can usually go to some other screen and come back, but this time it took a 2nd attempt to make it work right.

Not the biggest thing in the world but pretty annoying. Anyone else have this ? I hadn't read it yet if they have. Rob

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. snowbird

snowbird Member

City, State:
      Minn. & Florida
      2014 Explorer XLT
      Our nav. named Veronica at times will have me driving? across the lake or sometimes going thru the woods for a mile or so! maybe she wanted to go for a swim???? I attribute it to the system not having enough satellites up here in the north woods.

4. gdecamp

gdecamp Active Member

City, State:
      Long Island, NY
      11 X Limited AWD
      Running version 2.11 and yes, just saw it for the first time the other day. Had to change screens to get it to work which sucks and is probably a little dangerous when you are driving. :rolleyes:

5. myfoot

myfoot Member

City, State:
      Illinois quad cities
      2017 Platinum
      Not much sense updating to 2.11 then if that doesn't fix it.

6. vfral1

vfral1 Active Member

City, State:
      Cumming, GA
      '11 LTD Golden Bronze
      My nav usually just "freezes" in the same position even though I might be a mile or two from where it shows. This happens mostly in the "boot" period; the first 5 minutes of driving. Still sucks though, I agree it should never had made it to production like that.