Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Air Bag Light Blinks Code 12 in 1998 Mercury Mountaineer

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by MercuryMan11, November 28, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. MercuryMan11

MercuryMan11 New Member

City, State:
      Provo, UT
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1998 Mercury Mountaineer
      About 2 months ago, my Airbag light began blinking whenever I start my car. It blinks 1 time, then pauses, then blinks 2 times, then pauses longer, then starts over again. It repeats about 6 times and then stays on. So my guess is that it means Error Code 12. However, I have no idea what to do about it.

I'm not a hard core mechanic type, but have fixed things like blower motors and shocks and brakes and such. I just need some advice on where to start with this repair. My guess is that somebody out there knows exactly what the problem here is and how to fix it.

Thank you in advance for your super duper help with this blinkety-blinking problem.

I appreciate it,
      MercuryMan11

Last edited: November 28, 2012
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.