Air Conditioner and Phone questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air Conditioner and Phone questions

hardball24

Reaction score
So we have had our new Explorer two days. When I say we, I mean my wife ;)

But she knows I've been on this site a lot and have been able to help her with questions she's had so far but these are two that I'm not finding anything from my searches.

First one is when she get's in the explorer sometimes when she starts it the air conditioner is blasting at 60 degress even though the air conditioner was off when she parked it last night. Is there a way to set what the temperature comes on when the exlorer starts?

The other random question is when her phone is connected to the bluetooth in her car and takes a phone call and hits privacy is it possible for the radio to still play? She hasn't been able to play anything on AM/FM or Sirius. Didn't know if you have to disconnect your phone from bluetooth was the only way to fix this.

Thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not sure aobut the phone since i don't have mine paired with the truck.....

on the a/c issue....you can set the a/c to set to "auto" or "last setting". go to the menu on the left side of your gauge panel. and i'm only going off of memory, but i think you go to "driver settings" -> "a/c" -> "last setting or auto"-> "ok"

Might be recalled with the key fob. Maybe next time she drives, have her set the temp, then press and hold "My Temp".

Thanks for the air conditioner advice, I'm going to try both when I see her tonight. If anyone has any insite on the phone part it'd be appreciated.

The other random question is when her phone is connected to the bluetooth in her car and takes a phone call and hits privacy is it possible for the radio to still play? She hasn't been able to play anything on AM/FM or Sirius. Didn't know if you have to disconnect your phone from bluetooth was the only way to fix this.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, hardball24!

If you turn on Privacy mode, your MyFord Touch knows you're still on a call. It will not turn the radio back on until that call is finished. If your wife would like to have her music on while she is on the phone, she will have to turn her Bluetooth off on her phone.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rebecca

I disagree about the radio being on during privacy mode. I have 2.7 and the radio definitely plays during privacy mode. I know this because my wife turns down the music volume after hitting privacy.

Hi, hardball24!

If you turn on Privacy mode, your MyFord Touch knows you're still on a call. It will not turn the radio back on until that call is finished. If your wife would like to have her music on while she is on the phone, she will have to turn her Bluetooth off on her phone.

This is not my experience with MFT 2.7. The radio definitely plays during privacy mode. We use the mode often and I still get to enjoy music while my wife jabbers.

Hi, hardball24!

This is not my experience with MFT 2.7. The radio definitely plays during privacy mode. We use the mode often and I still get to enjoy music while my wife jabbers.

You're right! I must admit I was thinking of the GEN 1 SYNC system. At first, it would not allow you to turn the radio on until your call was completed. I'm sorry! :banghead:

With that said, MFT does allow your radio to come back on. So if it's not coming on, try a Master Reset or a fuse pull.

Master Reset instructions:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

Rebecca

Sure hope some better options are in the works as opposed to pulling a fuse or doing a Master Reset as neither is ideal from a consumer perspective...fuse box is difficult to access and master reset loses all settings.

Back