1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Air conditioner duct problem

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by Tirepro, August 1, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Tirepro

Tirepro New Member

City, State:
    Clermont
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 Ford Explorer
    Air is cold. I can hear that the blower motor is blowing strong, but air is not coming out of the a/c vents properly. Any known problems.?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Bman505

Bman505 New Member

2005 Sport trac
    I have the same problem.
    2006 sport trac - on day ac was running and then "bang" and all of a sudden i had very little air flow out of the vents, the fan speed did not change but makes one heck of a racket.
    i can switch between vents and defrost just very little air flow.

4. jimborasco

jimborasco New Member

City, State:
    middle of nowhere in the mountains of southwestern VA
    2003 Explorer
    I'm having the same problem with my 2003 explorer. Passenger side has strong air flow, driver's side vent barely blows, the center ones blow a bit. I've fiddled with the door behind the glove box last winter (had the cold air flow problem from that) but now I'm having trouble with the airflow in those vents. I'm guessing I'll have trouble with the cold air again this winter. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'd sure love to hear them. This is getting to be a real pain.

5. artest7

artest7 New Member

City, State:
    Bellevue, Wa.
    2001 Eddie Bauer
    I'm having the same problem too! Blend door and actuator work. I believe it may be a vacuum issue on the "other" actuator(s)(ie. defrost/flr/etc.) Did you resolve the issue yet?

6. jimborasco

jimborasco New Member

City, State:
    middle of nowhere in the mountains of southwestern VA
    2003 Explorer
    @artest7, I'm still fighting with mine. The dang thing will take spells of blowing a little more from the driver's side vents once in a while, but it never lasts long. The fan noise when turned to high is deafening. I've taken the cowl off (under the windshield) and where there is supposed to be a vent for outside air, I don't have one! Now that cold weather is coming, I'm having trouble with the cold air blowing through the glovebox again. I've worked on it once, with a bit of success, but it seems that problem is back again too. *smh*

7. artest7

artest7 New Member

City, State:
    Bellevue, Wa.
    2001 Eddie Bauer
    Did you test all your vacuum lines, actuators and Door Vacuum Motors?